Monday, August 7, 2023

 Debbie's Weekly "Food for Thought" 08/07/23 - 

"STOP and Smell the Roses"!

Happy Monday

Are you starting this week off feeling at peace with your progress, or are you feeling distracted or struggling?

As we are nearing the end of the summer period it is a really good time to "STOP and Smell the Roses".  A time to Pause and Reflect.

This month we will be focusing on the "Pause and Reflect" technique, it will help us to get re-focused and back on track, or just gain some momentum again.

Last week we practiced the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 technique, and you all loved it and so many responded saying that how in that 2 minute period you felt so much more relaxed, calmer and peaceful, and even physically noticed how your heart rate and pulse slowed down too.. 

You can do this at any opportunity to calm yourself, reduce anxiety, quieten the chatter in your head, or just relax the mind and body. 

Tap on the menu on your WW app, go to the Audio Coaching and check out all the amazing options, and this one is on the "Help for Stress" section, with a few others you may like.

We are all exposed to stressful situations on a daily basis and it has become the norm, but being aware of it and practicing some self help techniques each day can avoid it becoming a major health issue.

Using more of the Apps features will really connect you on a deeper level to your journey, these are the tools that help us change, why not explore them.

This week we will focus on the "Wanting vs Liking" technique.  We have all eaten foods we didn't enjoy or like, just because they were there, I really don't care for Doritos, but you would never had known that on Saturday, they were in front of me and I just ate them! 😉.  It happens!!!

Simply noticing that you want a food even though you aren't necessarily enjoying it in the moment is a real win, and that's where we will start this week.

I hope you will join me, do remember to RSVP, this ensures your correct profile is used when you check in, and we thank you all for your patience with us as we get used to this new system, which we are finding a lot easier to navigate each week.

I am personally benefiting from our techniques this month and will be paying close attention to all the details, having a house full of family and pets is a wonderful feeling, but also a great challenge too, and I do have moments when I feel myself grinding my teeth or feeling agitated, but taking a pause, deep breathing, making sure I get my workouts done, or just getting on the mat to stretch is really helping.

Always remember no matter where you are or who you are with, "Put yourself and your needs at the top of the list", you are worth it!.

Each day remind yourself - 

"You didn't come this far just to come this far."

Have an amazing week and I can't wait to hear all your victories this week

Much love always

Coach Debbie xoxoxoxo


Here is my Weekly Workshop schedule

​Temple Emanu-El Del Cerro

6299 Capri Drive, San Diego 92120 

Wednesday - 9:30 AM 


Point Loma Assembly Hall

3035 Talbot St, San Diego, CA 92106 

Friday - 9:00 AM  


BONITA - Sweetwater Community Church

5305 Sweetwater Rd, Bonita, CA 91902

Saturday - 8:00 AM 

Saturday - 9:30 AM 


 Join me and other members on my Personal Facebook Group Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/552026984828516/




3 comments:

  1. Mindless eating gets me every time but how can you not like Doritos?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny, now if they were chocolate covered I am sure it would be a different story :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for doing this blog. I haven't been at any meetings or have not even weighed in for quite a while but I plan to be there probably the last week in August when I get back.

    ReplyDelete

Debbie's MAY "Food for Thought" 05/21/24 - What we gain from living a healthier lifestyle!

Greetings everyone. As we remember and honor those who died while serving in the US Military so that we get to enjoy the Freedom and Liberty...