Monday, November 27, 2023

Debbie's Weekly "Food for Thought" 11/27/23 - "Putting JOY in your JOurneY"

Hello my friends and a special post Thanksgiving blessing to you all.

I had every intention of getting the blog out last week, it was on my "To-do list", but as you know life happens and some things just don't get complete, and as I started to stress about it, I had to check-in with myself and acknowledge, it is okay, the world will not stop, life will go on and after all I am only human.

How many times have you felt guilty because you didn't track, you skipped a workshop or a work-out, or two, ate out as you hadn't time to grocery shop or meal prep?.

It happens to all of us more frequently than we admit, and this causes an internal struggle, just remember it is okay.  In fact last week in our workshops we talked about this very subject, instead of struggling to fit everything in, give yourself a break and let it be okay to not do it all.

The most important part of this is what I call "The SIMMER", this time of the year don't let go of all your good habits, instead lessen the time, or the quantity, but pick one or two that you can still maintain albeit at a slower or less frequent pace, this will prepare you for the New Year when you are ready to turn up the heat again, instead of starting over, none of us like the feeling of starting over.

This week we are preparing for a set back, or as I like to call it a disruption in my routine!!

We know the Holiday's can disrupt our routines, so let's plan for these disruptions and keep the JOY in our WW JOurneY.  

When we know they are coming we don't feel like it's a setback, as we know we will make our way back to them as soon as we can.  I will be traveling over the holidays this year, the first time ever for me, so this is going to be new and a major disruption, I won't have my Peloton for almost 3 weeks, or access to swim, but I will have access to open spaces to run and walk, so instead of feeling bad about not getting in all my scheduled workouts, instead I will plan morning walks and runs on the days that I can, but one habit I can totally keep up no matter where I am is "Tracking", this alone will keep me accountable, and also mindful, and that's good enough for me.

I will be in the land of plenty as all the British foods that I really enJOY around the holidays will be everywhere, so I am thinking ahead, I can try them all and as I have 17 days, I can plan for one a day, then I get to experience them all without losing control, I can look forward to them and enJOY them all the more, and still feel good about myself at the end of the vacation.

It is important over the Holidays that we create JOY, and keep JOY in our JOurneY.

Making sure we enJOY the foods and drinks we look forward to this time of the year.

JOY comes when we factor them in, we don't need them all the time, instead just be conscious of your choices and make them work for you, guilt free!.



How are you going to keep JOY in your JOurneY this Holiday season??

Workshop are running as normal, so use the "Find a Workshop" option to check out one local to you if you can't make your regular workshop, your future self will thank you for maintaining this routine for sure.

"It does not matter what you did, it matters what you do next."

Much love as always

Coach Debbie xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Here is my Weekly Workshop schedule

​Temple Emanu-El Del Cerro
6299 Capri Drive, San Diego 92120 
Wednesday - 9:30 AM 

Point Loma Assembly Hall
3035 Talbot St, San Diego, CA 92106 
Friday - 9:00 AM  

BONITA - Sweetwater Community Church
5305 Sweetwater Rd, Bonita, CA 91902
Saturday - 8:00 AM 
Saturday - 9:30 AM 

Join me and other members on my Personal Facebook Group Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/552026984828516/


2 comments:

Debbie's MAY "Food for Thought" 05/21/24 - What we gain from living a healthier lifestyle!

Greetings everyone. As we remember and honor those who died while serving in the US Military so that we get to enjoy the Freedom and Liberty...