Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Debbie's weekly "Food for Thought" 01/02/24 - Happy NEW YEAR!

 Happy NEW YEAR everyone


I am back from what seems the longest trip ever, it was a great trip, we absolutely loved visiting family and friends, created some awesome memories, did lots of fun things, ate loads of wonderful holiday foods, and got Covid!!! which was not in my plans, but we had to roll with it and I only gained 3lb, now that was a win win for me.

Going away is great but coming home is better, I missed my dog Belle, I missed you all and I missed my routine, and structure, but as they say "Absence makes the heart grow fonder", and it sure does and here we are now, the Holidays behind us, already 2 days into a New Year, and a whole new future ahead of us.

As we leap into 2024, (pun intended), what are your goals?

Our topic this month, will be focused on setting goals that work for you as you learn more about the core behaviors that drive weight loss, and we start this week by leaning on our natural tendencies and preferences.

I want you all to think of a word that embodies your vision for the year.  


Some of the words I am reading are: Intentional, calm, organized, playful, acceptance, empathy, mindful, active, thoughtful, honest.  

Whatever the word you choose, be sure that it fits you, and will motivate and support you on a daily basis.  Write this word down, find a sign of it, tape it to a mirror, or in your car, just keep it visual or committed to memory to remind you on a daily basis of your vision that will support your goals.

My word this year is "Intentional".

I am not one for new year resolutions, but I do believe in making Promises to myself, I have done this for a few years now, and always keep it relative to what is true and real.  

Last year my promise was to do something for myself each day, this helped as I knew I was facing some foot issues, and being aware that I needed to put myself first each day, be it a long shower, or a short workout, it took the pressure off having to be perfect and expect too much of myself and it gave me permission to meet myself where I was on the day, and nothing more, and it was a promise I could keep which felt extra special.

This year my promise is to Love myself first. 

What will your promise be to yourself?

This year is not about reinventing ourselves, this year is about taking who we are right now, and meeting that person and our needs on a daily basis, and raising ourselves up to be the best version of ourselves that we can possibly be.  

I can't wait to see you all this week, and catch up on all your Holiday successes, and challenges, as I know there are a few!!!!, but we all know we survived, we made it through another year, and we have sharpened our skills and awareness, what did you learn that your future self can benefit from?

Much love always

Coach Debbie xxx

Here is my Weekly Workshop schedule

​Temple Emanu-El Del Cerro
6299 Capri Drive, San Diego 92120 
Wednesday - 9:30 AM 

Point Loma Assembly Hall
3035 Talbot St, San Diego, CA 92106 
Friday - 9:00 AM  

BONITA - Sweetwater Community Church
5305 Sweetwater Rd, Bonita, CA 91902
Saturday - 8:00 AM 
Saturday - 9:30 AM 

Join me and other members on my Personal Facebook Group Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/552026984828516/

2 comments:

Debbie's MAY "Food for Thought" 05/21/24 - What we gain from living a healthier lifestyle!

Greetings everyone. As we remember and honor those who died while serving in the US Military so that we get to enjoy the Freedom and Liberty...