Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Debbie's Weekly "Food for Thought" 01/16/24 - "GOALS", or lack of them!!

Greetings my friends

Well just like that we are halfway through January.

I have been doing some head work with myself this past week, as I just couldn't get myself together, my workouts were all over the place, my eating was not the best and Chocolate was still a food group, it was scary, I felt like I was falling apart, and I could not figure out why.

I was getting my regular sleep, eating and tracking everything even the chocolate, drinking 80-100% of my water, and the scale is going the wrong way!!!!

I no longer have jet lag as an excuse, or getting back into a routine, so there had to be something else.

I am not sick, I am getting all my food groups, I am making an effort to cook and eat well, having 3 meals a day, so what could possibly be wrong?

Then it hit me, I did not have a goal for 2024.  Every year as far back as my first year on plan I have had a yearly goal, be it to run a race, be a certain weight, achieve a fitness goal, my last measurable goal was for the end of 2021 to be able to do 60 push ups, so that I could do them on my 60th birthday at the very start of 2022, and I did it, and from then onwards I have not had a challenging goal to work towards.

2022 & 2023's goal was to do something for my body each day and be kind to myself, as those were the years I was dealing with foot pain and surgeries, and now for 2024 I am at a loss.  I don't want to set a weight goal, and I am not wanting to run a race, so for now I am narrowing my goals to monthly fitness goals, and hoping that it will spark a bigger goal that I can relate to and work towards.  For the next 4 weeks I am doing a body bootcamp via my Peloton app, it is not pretty and lots of modifications, but hoping by the end I will be more motivated to set a bigger goal, and if not then I will keep doing a monthly challenge to keep my head in the game.

The good news is since I had this think time, my cravings for chocolate have greatly reduced too, and I am thinking more before I eat something, and tracking in the moment and not catching up at the end of the day.  Small changes, one day at a time......

I am sure many of you can also relate to this situation, if you can share your struggles in the workshops, and if you are trailblazing the weight loss, we all need to hear what's giving you success.  If we all live in our heads it can get very lonely and a bit confusing, so I am looking for some motivational tips this week.

Our topic this week is "Meal Builders", we will break into groups and come up with some delicious, quick and satisfying meals incorporating a protein, and a fruit or Veg, and then for lunch and dinner also incorporate a good fat, or carb and some flavor boosters, so if you have a go to recipe, don't keep it to yourself, share on connect, or our facebook page and at our workshops.

If you've been avoiding the scale, it's time to face it, as leaving any longer will not help, and better you start now than in 2, 4 or 6+ weeks or months from now.  Good health does not take a day off.

What did you do today, that you will be proud of tomorrow?


Much love always and see you at the workshops.

BELIEVE......... AND THE WEIGHT LOSS WILL FOLLOW ðŸ’–

Coach Debbie xxx

Here is my Weekly Workshop schedule

​Temple Emanu-El Del Cerro
6299 Capri Drive, San Diego 92120 
Wednesday - 9:30 AM 

Point Loma Assembly Hall
3035 Talbot St, San Diego, CA 92106 
Friday - 9:00 AM  

BONITA - Sweetwater Community Church
5305 Sweetwater Rd, Bonita, CA 91902
Saturday - 8:00 AM 
Saturday - 9:30 AM 

Join me and other members on my Personal Facebook Group Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/552026984828516/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Debbie's MAY "Food for Thought" 05/21/24 - What we gain from living a healthier lifestyle!

Greetings everyone. As we remember and honor those who died while serving in the US Military so that we get to enjoy the Freedom and Liberty...